FREE WinOLS v2.24 Where to get:
WinOLS 2.24 software is not sold separately on the web. If you want tested WinOLS software only, go to WinOLS v1.500:
For WinOLS tested versions:
Only working under 32 bit systems (Windows XP or 7)
How to install WinOLS 2.24 Windows 32 bit:
First, it’s a customer solution. Good luck.
I ended up getting it installed.
1. Install “setup.exe”
2. Take the following 3 files:
and put them here:
***THIS IS WHERE MINE WAS GOING WRONG, SETUP.EXE AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLS THE EVC FOLDER INTO “PROGRAM FILES (X86)” IF THIS IS THE CASE, MOVE THE WHOLE “EVC” FOLDER INTO THE NORMAL PROGRAM FILES, NOT PROGRAM FILES X86***
3. Install “winols_testversion.exe” and run through the setup, just keep clicking yes/OK. At the end of the install it will launch the program, let it do that, but just close it after it opens, don’t play around with it.
4. Go back into C:\Program Files\EVC and double click “loader_ols_32bit”, this should bring up a window saying something along the lines of “Restart the app”. If it says “error starting app”, you’ve gone wrong somewhere. Take note of the red bit above ^
5. Go to start>control panel>add/remove a program>uninstall WinOls 2.14.03
This is the test version you just installed, DON’T delete the full version you installed first.
6. Again, go back into C:\Program Files\EVC and right click “loader_ols_32bit” and send to desktop. This will create a shortcut on the desk top. Then, on the desktop, delete the shortcut to WinOls. If you open WinOls directly it will mess it all up, you have to open the program by using “loader_ols_32bit” which now also has a shortcut on the desktop. I renamed the loader shorcut “WinOls” to simplify things.
Lastly, tune things, give them massive amounts of power, give horsepower to the people, fry tyres and make lots of noise.
If it doesn’t work for you, have a try with how-to’s from http://www.iobd.jp/(professionals write)
First install WinOLS_Testversion.exe & launch program, configure as required
Once the application is opened close it & uninstall via “Add or Remove Programs” via control panel or “Programs & Features” (W7)
Navigate to C:\Program Files
Now copy / paste the “EVC” folder to this location. If you get a question about folder replacement answer “YES TO ALL”
Now navigate to C:\Program Files\EVC
Right click on “loader_ols_32_XP_free.exe” then select send shortcut to desktop (You can rename it later)
Now run the program using the shortcut & you will get a message about the License key completed, click OK
Now run again the program & configure as required ….You should now have a registered version of WinOLS 2.24
Credits to New Genius engineers from http://www.iobd.jp/